We will be closed Sat May 28 thru Monday May 30
the Memorial Day Holiday
Want to challenge yourself?
Visit Jewell Grain in Jewell, Ney or Hicksville to join the Weed ID challenge.
Get it right, Get a prize
PLENISH OIL FOR SALE
We currently have Plenish (High Oleic Soybean) Oil for sale in the Jewell office.
One gallon is $13.50 and a 16-ounce bottle is $4.50.
This oil has 20% less saturated fat than commodity soybean oil and 0g Trans Fat
|Name||Notes||Basis Month||Basis||Cash Price||Futures Change|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
Forecast for Defiance, Ohio (43512)
- Lean Hogs Close Mixed on Friday
- Hog futures went into the Memorial Day weekend with a 70 cent loss in June and a 10 cent loss in July, to 25 to 47 cent gains in the deferred months. USDA’s National Average Base Hog price for Friday afternoon was $1.67 weaker to $109.68. CME’s 5/25 Lean Hog...
- Friday Gains for Corn Futures
- The corn market traded higher ahead of the extended weekend. Old crop July got above $7.80, but closed 12 1/4 cents higher. New crop prices were a dime to 11 1/4 cents stronger on the day. Red December gained 4 1/2 cents to $6.42 1/2 cents. USDA’s daily Ethanol Report...
- Cattle Futures Close Mixed on Friday
- Back month fat cattle went into the three-day weekend a nickel to 7 cents higher, as the nearbys faded 12 to 22 cents. USDA reported cash sales for the week were mostly near $137 in the South and near $140 in the North, down $1-2 for the week. . Front...
- Soy Futures Rally into Holiday
- Soybean prices ended the Friday session fractionally mixed to 5 3/4 cents in the black. The market left some gains on the table after July picked off stops above the spike high from invasion day. The new LoC high for July soybeans is $17.44 1/4. November soybeans’ $15.55 contract high...
- Wheat Prices Rally into Memorial Day Weekend
- Chicago wheat prices went home 1.3% to 1.4% higher on Friday into the holiday weekend. KC wheat futures ended the Friday session 6 3/4 to 7 3/4 cents in the black, though prices were up by over 20 cents earlier in the day. Minneapolis wheat ended 12 1/2 to 13...
- Cotton Futures Close Red
- The cotton market went into the extended weekend with 48 to 138 point losses. December was down the most on the day, but stayed within Thursday’s range. CFTC reported managed money funds were 5,974 contracts less net long in cotton as of 5/24 compared to last week. The long liquidation...